Have you ever looked at the ingredients list on the label of your deodorant? You may have noticed that aluminum is an ingredient in many antiperspirants on the market today. Aluminum is used to block sweat glands and prevent you from sweating.
As a pharmacist, I have patients that frequently come to the pharmacy and ask for an aluminum free option with respect to their deodorant. With the increasing demand, it also increased my curiosity. As a result, I wanted to try an aluminum free deodorant as well.
So why am I looking for an aluminum free option?
- I want to feel better about the ingredients that I am putting in and on my body
- I want to live a healthy lifestyle
- I want a deodorant for days when I am less active, but still want to smell nice throughout the day
Recently, I came across Secret’s Aluminum Free Deodorant. It’s an amazing aluminum free option that is specifically designed for women!
Pros of using Secret Aluminum Free Deodorant:
- Free of aluminum, parabens, and dyes
- Dermatologist tested (gentle on the skin with half of the ingredients found in Olay Skin lotions)
- No residue and white marks!
- Long lasting odour protection
- Goes on dry and clear
- Variety of scents to choose from (Day Lily, Rosewater and Honeydew)
For me, having a deodorant that goes on dry and clear is very important. I wear a lot of black/white colours and delicate fabrics. Furthermore, long lasting odour protection is key because smelling nice is just as important as looking nice. Personally, I do not mind the underarm sweat as I think sweating is a very natural way for the body to keep cool. This deodorant will be amazing for those days that I am less active.
My favourite scent? Rosewater of course! I love rose scented products. I am going to be using Secret Aluminum Free Deodorant for the next few months and can’t wait to share my journey with you guys! I’ll be using it in the mornings when I am getting ready and also going to put one in my bag in case I need to freshen up throughout the day.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with Secret.